The EVE Physical Therapy platform is designed to simplify care delivery and optimize business performance. Boost your patient experience and save valuable time with our industry-leading tools for intake automatization, daily activities, coaching, patient scheduling, treatment outcomes, home exercise programs and patient engagement. EVE has API or HL7 connectivity to various providers of EMR systems or other software/hardware vendors. A single platform to simplify care delivery.
The essence of a software platform
In their source “Healthcare platform revolution” KPMG defines an Eco platform as follows: “An organizational model based on a shared digital infrastructure primarily aimed at facilitating connection and interactions between two or more types of parties (users) in an ecosystem”.
Transformation from a physiotherapy practice to a digital health organization
In the coming years, a transition is taking place within physiotherapy towards outcome-oriented physiotherapy treatments based on evidence-based treatment protocols. This treatment pathway will be continuously supported by an Ecosystem that connects different hardware and software systems through open APIs.
EVE software is a digital ecosystem that supports rehabilitation and physiotherapy care in a variety of settings including hospitals, orthopedic centers, physiotherapy clinics, and more. EVE is more than just a digital platform that collects and stores patient information and exercise data for healthcare personnel. To better understand how EVE works within a physiotherapy environment, it is worthwhile to understand how it influences and supports key aspects of the treatment workflows.
Physiotherapy treatment workflows
Digital physiotherapy workflows creates efficiency by deploying a hybrid workflow during the registration procedure of a new patient. This then launches the following workflows based on a patient tracking system:
- Intake Automation – Email and text intake forms and functional outcomes to patients
- Medical Questionnaires – Automatic digital data collection of medical questionnaires
- Patient Documentation – Easily document treatments via daily notes
- Diagnose-based Exercise Programs – Automation of training programs through AI
- Home Exercise Program – Easy-to-follow home exercise programs
- Appointment Scheduling – Via the patient’s mobile APP
- Reporting – outcome reporting and reporting database
- API – Connect EVE with your existing EMR system or other software/hardware vendor
1. Intake Automation and Medical Questionnaires
During the digital intake, the patient answers validated questionnaires from home by email or in the waiting area on a tablet/phone or Mobile App.
There are two different options for medical questionnaires in EVE, it is possible to:
- Use existing validated medical questionnaires
- Create your own questionnaires
Questionnaires can range from diagnose-based to general intake patient information ones. Various questionnaires can be sent via bundles so that the patient receives only 1 notification instead of a separate one for each questionnaire. Create a bundle of questionnaires per diagnosis, e.g. low back pain, or per activity, e.g. general intake questionnaires. It is also possible to create patient satisfaction surveys and automate these or send them out at specific point in the patient’s treatment pathway i.e. after 10 visits for example.
Questionnaires in EVE can be prepared and sent:
- On a specific date
- After several treatment sessions
Questionnaire Module in EVE is a useful tool for assigning, creating, and sharing questionnaires to patients.
2. Patient documentation
Patient documentation in EVE is easy and straightforward. Interactive patient forms on, for example, medical history forms, clinical measurements and daily notes are all stored in the patient’s digital file. It is possible to create your own patient forms, e.g. Daily Notes or standardized intake forms. It is also possible to add clinical measurements to patient forms. In addition, people can sign treatment contracts with the digital signatures function.
Patient documentation in EVE includes many key features including:
- Digital patient record in one file
- ICD 10 codes
- Patient categories for patient grouping
- Easy-to-create patient forms for daily notes or intake forms
- Graphical representations of medical questionnaires
- Digital signing of documents
3. Diagnosis-based treatment protocols
Diagnose-based treatment protocols help simplify physiotherapy care by making it easy to find a suitable treatment protocol to customize to your patient’s needs. Use existing diagnosis-based treatment protocols or create your own treatment protocols for your center.
- Diagnose-based Exercise Programs
Use training principles by classifying treatment protocols based on various treatment phases and adjusting them automatically.
- Biofeedback and program rules
The program rules automatically adjust exercise weights based on the patient biofeedback. This means when a patient finishes an exercise on a DAVID device, he or she will give feedback whether the exercise was too light, too heavy, or just right. EVE then takes this biodfeedback and adjusts the program accordingly for the next visit. These program rules can even be adjusted by a healthcare professional to each patient specifically.
4. Home Exercise Programs
There are various scenarios and circumstances when patients cannot visit the physiotherapy center, or when home exercises are prescribed in the person’s treatment. The EVE Exercise Library contains over 300 functional exercises suitable for rehabilitation and physiotherapy. The home exercise programs can be made available to patients via:
- Patient mobile app (coming soon)
5. Patient engagement with a Patient App
The EVE App is a safe and easy way for patients to participate interactively in their recovery process. All data is automatically linked to the EVE professional software, which can be linked to your EMR system, if necessary, with HL7 or API. EVE App is currently under development and will be released internationally.
The EVE Patient App is useful for a variety of reasons including:
- Exercise Therapy – easy-to-follow home exercise programs
- Mobile App – interactive mobile app to track training data and share exercise programs
- ChatApp – chat functionality with your therapist or training group members
- Appointment scheduling – for exercise therapy or training groups
- Task module – get important notifications to improve your health
6. Patient appointment scheduling
Making or viewing an appointment can be done through the EVE software. For example, the patient can consider when a meeting with a caregiver or group training is scheduled. It is also possible to reschedule or cancel an appointment.
In the EVE App it is possible to:
- Make an appointment with a healthcare provider
- Reschedule or cancel an appointment
- Send push notifications for appointment reminders
The EVE software platform is designed to provide effective outcome analysis, automatic documentation, and objective reporting of treatment outcomes.
Outcome reports at the individual or group level
The EVE software tracks various test results and progress reports. Patients can view and download personal tests and progress reports.
- Patient progress reports
- Measurements report
- Real-time data
Reports and test results will automatically become available in the Patient app.
With EVE software, you collect a lot of data, including centre activities and patient data. Through our comprehensive and automated reports, you can build interactive dashboards for:
- Information on the number of visits
- Patient appointment analysis (no-shows and cancellations)
- Patient outcome analysis
- Questionnaire analysis
- Net Promoter Score
All this data is easily exported to:
- BI dashboards
8. Connect EVE to other systems by using HL7 or API
It is possible to connect EVE to your other systems by using HL7 or API.
What is HL7?
HL7 is a set of standards to transfer and share information between healthcare specialists. Essentially, it acts as a bridge between applications for medical purposes. This standard was created to enable more efficient and secure data exchange than the old methods were able to provide. Although better solutions exist today, HL7 is still used in many applications. Two versions of this standard exist today.
What is API?
This term stands for Application Programming Interface. It provides a connection between computers or programs. The number of healthcare organizations using APIs is growing rapidly. Using such interfaces in healthcare allows patients to go to different places, and their information is delivered quickly and securely from another location to the final destination.